strategic plan part i presentation proposal of a new division
Purpose of Assignment
Students will have the opportunity to research a Fortune 50 company ( selected from top 50 http://fortune.com/fortune500/list/) (Company Assigned: AMAZON) and industry to conceptualize forming a new division of an existing company based on a new product or service. The assigned text and Strategic Planning Outline serve as a guide to complete sections of the capstone project each week. This will allow the student to lay the basic foundation for an effective strategic plan. A final plan will be presented in Week 5.
Resources: Strategic Planning Outline and Week 2 textbook readings
Use the Strategic Planning Outline as a guide to complete sections of your capstone project each week. A final strategic plan is due in Week 5. Cite your resources.
Develop 12-15 slide proposal in which you explain the importance of innovation in your selected division’s vision, mission, and values, and determine your business model for this new division. Utilize speaker notes with a minimum of 1200 words total across all 15 slides ( properly reference speaker notes).
Include the following:
- Propose a new product or service for the new company division. The division should be customer-focused with an innovative mission statement. Ensure you are differentiating your product or service.
- Describe how the division addresses customer needs and achieves competitive advantage.
- Create a vision and a business model for this new division that clearly demonstrates your decision on what you want your business to become in the future.
- Explain how the vision, mission, and value of the new division align with the company’s mission and vision.
- Summarize how the vision, mission, and values guide the division’s strategic direction.
- Define your guiding principles and values for your division in the context of culture, social responsibility, and ethics.
Cite a minimum of two peer-reviewed references.
Format your presentation consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.