For this assignment you will continue to review current research from South’s Online Library and provide a critical evaluation on that research through an annotated bibliography. An annotated bibliography is a brief summary and analysis of the journal article reviewed. For more information on annotated bibliographies please visit Purdue’s OWL: Purdue Online Writing Lab
A total of two annotated bibliographies are to be submitted (not to exceed one page each). The articles must come from nursing scholarly literature and may not be older than 5 years since publication. Please note that the articles must be research based and reflect a qualitative methodology (review our reading assignments). Web pages, magazines, textbooks, and other books are not acceptable.
Each annotation must address the following critical elements:
- Explanation of the main purpose and scope of the cited work
- Brief description of the research conducted
- Value and significance of the work (e.g., study’s findings, scope of the research project) as a contribution to the subject under consideration
- Possible shortcomings or bias in the work
- Conclusions or observations reached by the author
- Summary as to why this research lends evidence to support the potential problem identified specific to your role specialization.
Graham, G. (2014). Population-based approaches to understanding disparities in cardiovascular disease risk in the United States. Int J Gen Med., 7(1), 393-400. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4132228/
Saab, K., Kendrick, J., Yracheta, J., & Lanaspa, M. (2015). New insights on the risk for cardiovascular disease in African Americans: The role of added sugars. Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, 26(2), 247-257. Retrieved from http://jasn.asnjournals.org/content/26/2/247.full
3-Sharma, A., Colvin-Adams, M., & Yancy, C. (2014). Heart failure in African Americans: Disparities can be overcome. Cleveland Clinical Journal of Medicine, 81(5), 301-311. Retrieved from http://www.abcardio.org/pdf/Yancy_Colvin.pdf
- Posted: A Month Ago
- Due: 12/05/2019
- Budget: $20