Topic: Leading Continuous Change and Establishing Permanent Change
Benchmark – Change Initiative: Implementation, Evaluation, and Sustainability
You will utilize your change model for this assignment. Review the feedback submitted by your instructor on your previous change model assignment. Make any changes or modifications necessary for the submission of this assignment. (I will provide you with the feedback later)
Evaluate the performance of your organization or department. Identify an area that would significantly benefit from initiating a change. Write a paper (1,500-1,750 words) in which you describe the particular area you propose to address through a change initiative. Include the following for your company:
1. Discuss the issues in this area and the current outcomes as a result of the issues.
2. Describe the external and/or internal driving forces, contributing issues, and the people affected.
3. Evaluate the stakeholders involved and discuss how they will be affected by your change initiative.
4. Clarify your role and responsibility as a change leader. Discuss the leadership theory (or theories) you will use to guide the change process.
5. Discuss the change agents you need to recruit in order to successfully implement your change. Describe the roles of these change agents.
6. Utilize your change model to develop strategies: (a) Explain the relevance of this model to your organization; and (b) Present the strategic aspects using your model. Be sure to clearly define the purpose of each aspect, the people involved, and the actions that need to be taken.
7. Identify, or predict, the potential barriers to change. Discuss possible ways to overcome these obstacles, including methods for dealing with emerging or unforeseen circumstances that could impede implementation.
8. Describe the evaluation methods you will use to determine the level of success of your change initiative. Discuss what metrics or measureable determinates you will use.
9. Propose strategies to anchor change or support continuous change.
10. Establish how your change plan supports the organizational mission/goal, genuinely addresses stakeholder concerns, and will serve as an equitable contribution for the community or society overall.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide.
1. The Heart of Change: Real-Life Stories of How People Change Their Organizations
Read Chapter/Step 8 and the Conclusion in The Heart of Change: Real-Life Stories of How People Change Their Organizations.
1. A Proposed Model for Evaluating the Sustainability of Continuous Change Programmes
Read “A Proposed Model for Evaluating the Sustainability of Continuous Change Programmes,” by Brännmark and Benn, from Journal of Change Management (2012).
2. Complex Adaptive Systems and Improvisation Theory: Toward Framing a Model to Enable Continuous Change
Read “Complex Adaptive Systems and Improvisation Theory: Toward Framing a Model to Enable Continuous Change,” by Ford, from Journal of Change Management (2008).
3. Managing Change Through Employee Empowerment
Read “Managing Change Through Employee Empowerment,” by Rothermel and LaMarsh, from Global Business and Organizational Excellence (2012).
4. Plan Do Stablise Repeat: How to Lead Change Successfully
Read “Plan Do Stablise Repeat: How to Lead Change Successfully,” by Andre, from Management Services (2013).
5. Transformational Leadership, Relationship Quality, and Employee Performance During Continuous Incremental Organizational Change
Read “Transformational Leadership, Relationship Quality, and Employee Performance During Continuous Incremental Organizational Change,” by Carter, Armenakis, Field, and Mossholder, from Journal of Organizational Behavior (2013).