Topic 2: Introduction to Academic Learning
Please separate the questions from each other and provide individual reference for each question. No plagiarism please
Topic 2: Introduction to Academic Learning
1. You will submit your written assignments to Turnitin in your courses as you complete the program. The purpose is to help you determine how effectively you are integrating other sources into your own writing. Turnitin reports assist you in determining if you are integrating other’s writing into your own correctly and in accord with acceptable practices for scholarly writing. Review the Turnitin report provided. Indicate paragraphs that you believe need review and provide rationale. Also, discuss the impact of correct APA format and integration of sources on your credibility as a scholar in the discipline.
Prepare this discussion question according to the guidelines found in the APA style guide. An abstract is not required.
2. Review the “PICOT Selection Guidelines” resource.
Using the PICOT format, formulate one evidence-based practice (EBP) question in correct format. Follow the selection guidelines in order to choose an appropriate topic idea that can be supported with empirical research.
In 200-300 words, justify why this topic fits the PICOT guidelines and is worthy of additional investigation.
Submit your PICOT question and supporting articles.
Prepare this discussion question according to the guidelines found in the APA style guide, An abstract is not required.
Topic 3: Foundations of Doctoral Research
1. After reviewing the “DNP Direct Practice Improvement Project Recommendations” PowerPoint, in addition to using the information you provided in your application to the GCU doctoral program, briefly describe a potential topic of interest for your DPI Project. How do you believe this project will contribute to the body of knowledge in your field?
2. Once you receive your Typhon access explore the website, create a sample case log with 1 minute of logged time (0:60). Create a screen shot of the completed sample log and post it in the Individual Forum for faculty review and approval. Along with your screenshot, briefly state any challenges you experienced.
Topic 4: Introduction to Critical Thinking
1. After reading the article, “Evidence Synthesis and Meta-Analysis: A Practical Approach,” briefly and concisely describe specifically what you learned about synthesis and meta-analysis.
2. Metacognition is thinking about thinking. What are some of the benefits of metacognition, and why is it important for doctoral learners to understand their metacognitive processes?
Topic 5: Expanded Doctoral Research
1. Why is it important to develop the skill of questioning? How does developing this skill apply to your reading of empirical articles, research conclusions, and your own DPI Project?
2. How do you determine if the conclusions of empirical research are logically supported or not? Do conclusions that are not logically supported invalidate the entire study? Why or why not? How might you address utilizing studies or information from studies with unsupported conclusions?
Topic 6: Becoming a Practitioner-Scholar
1. In your opinion, what is the difference between being a learner and being a scholar? Justify your claims.
2. What are misrepresentations that can occur while reading other’s work and using its data? How can do you determine when data is a useful source of evidence for a project? Is it possible to misrepresent data and conclusions using statistics? Why or why not? How?
Topic 7: Christian Worldview and Philosophical Principles
1. Briefly describe what you have learned from feedback given by your instructor regarding your PICOT question. How will you frame your PICOT differently moving forward? Be specific about what components, if any, that you will change.
2. Describe how your personal philosophy affects your worldview and how that impacts decision making and your approach to research. What does assessing your own worldview in this way teach you about yourself?
Topic 8: Next Steps in the Doctoral Journey
1. What is the most important skill for success in your doctoral pursuit? Why?
2. Reflect on the material and assessment given in the course and what you have learned in this course, what aspects of the doctoral pursuit do you find the most challenging? Most rewarding?