strategic plan environmental scan 2
NO PLAGIARISM, MUST BE ORIGINAL WORK.
MUST USE AT LEAST 3 IN TEXT CITATIONS.
MUST USE THE COMPANY USED IN PREVIOUS ASSIGNMENTS.
PREVIOUS ASSIGNMENT WILL BE SUBMITTED ONCE TUTOR EXCEPTS
You will perform an environmental scan for your target company.
For this 2,800-word to 3,500-word assignment, you will be completing an environmental scan and economic analysis on your organization (for which you are creating your strategic plan), including the remote, industry, and operating environments. Your environmental scan should describe the situation completely and accurately. You should identify any major changes that you expect to affect your remote, industry, or operating environments in the next 5-10 years. This will include the following subcomponents:
- Analysis of the forces and trends affecting your organization.
- Utilize a macroeconomic forecast of economic indicators that will affect your chosen organization in the future and should be considered part of strategic planning.
- Analyze the non-economic factors in the remote environment:
1) Social and Cultural
- Complete a competitive analysis of your organization’s position from a microeconomic perspective. Ex. based on the pricing of the organization’s primary product or service line, an assessment of its cost structure, and an assessment of the market in which the organization competes. (Note: This should be an analysis, not a spreadsheet.)
- Develop a summary of the organization’s current situation, including its mission or business overview, its current competitive position, and the forces and trends in its industry. Based on this situation, you will identify three to six current opportunities and issues you believe should be addressed through your strategic-planning process.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in the organization’s operating environment that can be leveraged to capitalize on the emerging opportunities or minimize threats.
- Create three strategic long-term objectives that can be measured to determine the success of the strategic plan. Explain the measurement/metrics intended and their viability.
- Revisit the mission and vision statements. If necessary, modify or improve them further to align with your expressed long-term objectives.
To recap your assignment goals:
- Determine how to create value and sustain competitive advantage using an environmental scanning strategy.
- Evaluate the company’s external environment.
- Assess the company’s general external operatingenvironment.
- Evaluate the organization’s industry operating environment.
Format your paper according to APA 6th guidelines.