- Read the three documents uploaded in the pdf file called “Forced Collectivization” (readings attached)
- Joseph Stalin: The Hard Line
- Joseph Stalin: Liquidation of the Kulaks
- Lev Kopelev: Terror in the Countryside
- Answer the following questions completely, thoughtfully, and to the best of your ability. Ignore the questions in the documents themselves. They are from a textbook.
- All answers need to be in the form of complete sentences in formal written English.
- Please proofread your writing.
- half page for each question
- How is the Bolshevik government attempting to change the peasantry? Why? Provide quotations from the texts and explain what those quotations mean.
- How is violence against the “kulaks” justified by each of the authors? Provide quotations from the texts and explain what those quotations mean.
- How is the concept of “sacrifice” explained and justified in these documents? Provide quotations from the texts and explain what those quotations mean.