looking to succeed or to make a sale should have a 30 second personal commercial at their disposal. This â€œelevator speech,â€ as it has been coined, contains the following:
1) Your introductionâ€” your name
2) What you doâ€”this transcends just your job title. It explains, often creatively, what you DO. I.e., you do not sell cars, you make sure that each customer has the perfect vehicle to fit his or her needs.
3) A power statementâ€”this shows what you can do for the person to whom you are delivering the speech.
4) A power questionâ€”a question that gets the listener thinking about how they can use your product or services.
5) A setup for a meetingâ€”usually this is a freebieâ€¦meeting them for coffee or somewhere where you can talk to them more about the opportunity