Write 3–4 pages describing the effective use of patient-care technologies, communication systems, and information systems across the care continuum of a health care system of your choice. Add a one-page executive summary your organization could use to disseminate these ideas.
Because a lack of knowledge when using technology can lead to errors in patient care, effective use of technology in health care is paramount to providing a safe health care delivery environment.
In the role of a nurse leader, describe the effective use of patient-care technologies across the care continuum in a chosen health care system.
Choose any type of health care system, for example, acute, ambulatory, or home health or telehealth.
Submit the following for this assessment:
Technology Across the Care Continuum
Include the following in your 3–4-page description:
- A brief overview of the care continuum in your selected health care system.
- Describe the types of patient-care technologies and how they are used across the care continuum in your system. Be sure to include communication and information systems.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in the systems and describe how to manage change and technology to improve patient outcomes.
- Support your description of effective patient care with current nursing and informatics theoretical ideas.
Based on the description above, add a 1-page executive summary that captures the following points:
- Current state of technology across the care continuum in your system.
- Proposed improvements.
- Risks of making or not making changes or improvements.
- Recommended next steps.
- Written communication: Ensure written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Format resources and citations according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Number of resources: Cite a minimum of four peer-reviewed resources.
- Length: Submit 4–5 typed, double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Use Times New Roman, 12 point.
Scoring guide attached