Need help with learning activity. Please use class material but also free to use other references to make it easier.
- Chapter 8 Knowledge Management Tools
Learning Activity #1
- Select 5 or more tools and techniques (you can find enough in the 2010 KM Tools and Techniques document) that would complement each other in an organization to ensure a dynamic flow of knowledge from elicitation, capture, storage, sharing, dissemination, utilization,… in other words, the entire knowledge cycle;
- Explain how each of the tools or techniques you selected contributes to the knowledge flows and to learning;
Be strategic. You can’t do everything. Think about costs, ROI, etc… (speculate if you have to but be clear about your assumptions).
A visual might be helpful. In presentations, I often contrast KM approaches that emphasize collection (knowledge assets/stocks) to KM approaches that emphasize flow and dynamic learning.
Learning Activity #2
To continue your individual reflection and think about how Knowledge Management applies in your life, visit Jane Hart’s Modern Professional Learner’s Toolkit for 2018.
- What tools are you currently using?
- What tools could you explore in 2018?