There are various types of plans consumers can select. MCOs, HMOs, PPOs, POSs, or ACOs are the most common ones; however they all supply various benefits and drawbacks. Consumers (patients) have the right to choose the type of plan that best fits their needs. In fact, health care is a consumer-driven industry and as health care costs have continued to increase, consumer-driven health plans (CDHP) have become the next new thing (after managed care) (Fronstin & MacDonald, 2008). As a health care leader, it is vital that you understand the differences in these plans.
Fronstin, P. & MacDonald, J. (2008). Consumer- Driven Health Plans: Are they Working. Retrieved from http://online.wsj.com/ad/employeebenefits-consumer_driven_plans.html
For the Module 2 Case Assignment, conduct additional research as needed and prepare a 3- to 4-page comparative essay. Your comparative analysis should include a detailed comparative chart (see example at the following source: https://philsblogspace.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/eco-chart.jpg?w=1400). In your comparative analysis and chart, you are to evaluate and discuss:
- The key features, differences, and disadvantages between MCOs, HMOs, PPOs, POSs, and ACOs.
- The key features of a Consumer-Driven Health Care Plan (CDHP).
- The future of CDHPs, MCOs, HMOs, PPOs, POSs, and ACOs.
You are to support your analysis and views with at least four scholarly references (i.e., peer-reviewed journal).
For additional information on how to write a comparative analysis, review the following source: https://writingcenter.fas.harvard.edu/pages/how-write-comparative-analysis
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your proposal.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 4 pages.
- Support your proposal with at least 4 peer-reviewed articles. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals: http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php.
- You may use the following source to assist in your formatting your assignment: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.