Examine the following scenario:
Program X has planned about $1 billion worth of projects every year. One of the key challenges is to identify which projects to fund at the beginning of each year. Projects are piling up on the CIOâ€™s desk for the upcoming year. The list includes a range of upgrades, support, automation, new product development, and so forth. You have been given the responsibility of selecting projects for the upcoming year.
For your assignment, address the following questions. Your responses should be integrated in a well-written paper.
- Determine how you will do this.
- Develop a project selection and screening system with stage-gate review, including project performance criteria.
- Specifically define all selection criteria and why you chose each.
- Diagram the elements of your process, include stage gate reviews.
- Utilize a selection methodology, either numerical or non-numerical, to support the value of the project. Create your own project data for five projects (i.e., project resources, tasks). Show your work and analyze the outcome. Include this in your diagram.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 2-3 pages in length, plus graphical elements placed in an appendix.
- Be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA.
- Include two scholarly sources. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these sources.