Write a 2–4-page report on the concepts, processes, and tools needed to conduct a community health assessment, how to find the data, and how to validate the data. Explain the factors that can affect the health of a community, along with how to obtain that information.
Understanding community and state health care issues and concerns, the local resources available, and accessibility of those resources can inform health care practices and improve quality patient outcomes.
Questions to Consider
To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of your professional community.
- What types of techniques and activities should be included in a community health assessment?
- How can these techniques and activities help determine both assets and gaps in health care services in a community?
Assessment Instructions :
Imagine you work for an organization that has decided to open a satellite facility in an underserved community. Your organization asks you to move to the new location and assist with some of the preliminary work. Part of this work is to determine the health care needs of the community. How will you do this? What information will you need to know? Where will you find the information?
Search the Capella library or the Internet for peer-reviewed journal articles on how to conduct a community health assessment. You will need at least 3 resources to use in this assessment.
Develop a plan for a community health assessment in which you complete the following:
- Describe the type of data needed to make an informed community health assessment.
- Explain how the data will help determine the health care needs of the community.
- Describe your strategy for obtaining the necessary data.
- Explain the factors that impact the health and wellness of a community. (Hint: This is a very broad list. Think outside the box on this one!)
- Explain how you will obtain information on these factors for your specific community.
- Explain how you will determine if the data and information you obtain is valid and reliable.
- Format this assessment as a report that you would submit to a director or other organizational leader. You are still required to follow APA guidelines for in-text citations and references.
- Include a title page and reference page.
- Ensure your assessment is 2–4 pages in length.
- Use double-spaced, 12-pt., Times New Roman font. (Recommended)