A PESTLE Analysis identifies political, economic, social, technological, legal, and environmental factors. Review PESTLE Analysis at the following https://www.groupmap.com/map-templates/pestle-analysis
The U.S. health care system costs $3.3 trillion last year and delivered too little value (Blumenthal, 2017). For most Americans, health care is not only expensive but also fragmented, inconvenient, and physically inaccessible. Aetna, CVS, UnitedHealth Group and DaVita are health care stakeholders who are engaging in mergers and acquisitions to produce a higher quality product. Review the article “Is M&A the Cure for a Failing Health Care System?” at https://hbr.org/2017/12/is-ma-the-cure-for-a-failing-health-care-system in Harvard Business Review.
Congratulations; you have been selected as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of a local hospital. Within six months of taking the job, you learn your health care organization is considering a merger. Your first task is to conduct a PESTLE Analysis. Use critical thinking skills and metacognition to research current events in the macro environment of the local hospital in your area. Your hospital selection will be the same hospital used throughout this course. MY HOSPITAL IS ( UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS FOR MEDICAL SCIENCE ). Review the website information on your hospital selection and prepare a 10-slide Microsoft PowerPoint narrative using a PESTLE Analysis
Your 10-slide PESTLE PowerPoint should follow this format:
- Slide 1: Cover Page a. Include the title of your paper, your name, the course number and course title, your professor’s name, the university’s name, and the date.
- Slide 2: Background / Executive Summary a. Describe the details of the situation. Use bullets with short sentences. The title of these slides should be Executive Summary.
- Slide 3: Thesis Statement a. Identify the focus of your research. The title of this slide should be Thesis Statement.
- Slides 4-9: Supporta. Support your Thesis Statement following the SESC formula: State, Explain, Support, and Conclude. (Use Sublevel 1 and 2 Headings to provide coherence and organization. An overview of using the Sublevel 1 and Sublevel 2 headings is provided in the following video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr185y-fAks. Provide in-text citations using the format in the American Psychological Association (APA) Manual 2010, 6th Edition.)
- Slide 10: References
- Locate peer reviewed journal articles to support your responses. For example, identify clinical quality that does not compare to other hospitals, see https://www.medicare.gov/hospitalcompare/search.html. Use APA format for your references. (To help you with APA in-text citations and your Reference list, some students use Citation Machine at http://www.citationmachine.net.)